Sunday, February 7, 2010




Today was a surprisingly enjoyable ride for a number of reasons. I believe I'm starting to mature as a rider.

-First off, I am aware of the "steering with your hips" principle. This doesn't mean I can do it every time, but it makes turning easier. I think it will become natural eventually.

-Second, I put myself up to the weather. Another storm system is rolling through Socal. I went out the door and thought what a beautiful afternoon it was, and, sure enough, buy the time I got to Warner Ave the headwind was in my face. I didn't understand why I was so out of breath until I got to PCH. Then I saw the wind in full force: lots of whitecaps, a sand haze, and a grey weather front the likes of which I'd not seen before. So, like a fool, I rode into the weather. (Everyone else was going away from it but no, do I ever follow common sense?)So anyway, I got some drops at the jetty, and it was definately coming down by the end of the dog beach.

And I wasn't afraid at all. It was actually quite fun.

So three things learned: 1) I'm not afraid of the rain, 2) Sand is a treacherous jerk, and 3) When you ride in the rain you will get a roostertail and a very soggy butt.

Oh well, fun day! 12.3 miles.

Oh and I got a new bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment